Your wedding music may just be one of the most important decisions of your wedding day. Your wedding songs will truly make the soundtrack of your wedding story. Both in the present and in the future. Music can transport you in an instant to a memory and your wedding will be one memory you won’t ever want to forget. I can wax lyrical about wedding décor and wedding fashion, but what it all comes down is the love. Your wedding readings and your wedding songs really up the sentimental stakes, not only for your wedding ceremony, but for the whole of your wedding celebration.
Image by Kazooieloki Photography
Choosing Your Wedding Songs
When it comes to wedding planning I often speak about how important it is to have your day represent you. There is an opportunity with your wedding to really celebrate your relationship together. Shout about who you are, what you mean to each other and choose wedding music that really show your true colours. Don’t worry about expectations, or the pressure to have a particular type of wedding song. Instead pick melodies that make your heart leap with joy. Find the song that makes you think of one another. The song that gives you goosebumps. The song which takes you to a memory oh so special to the two of you.
The right wedding songs will make your guests talk for years to come. Don’t forget they too will remember your first dance or last dance track. Songs bring us together, they let us express ourselves when we can’t find the words. Let your wedding songs do the talking throughout your wedding.
Wedding Songs Playlist
I’ve put together some romantic wedding song inspiration on our Spotify account. You can play all the tunes below too, hooray! Some tracks are modern, some are classics. But hopefully it gives you a great starting point for your wedding song choices.
So take some time out, in fact why not make it date? Sit together with drinks and snacks, some moody lighting and play this playlist below. I guarantee you will be feeling even more excited about your wedding day then ever.
Below are some of my favourite wedding song ideas from the wedding playlist above. Forty romantic and love filled tunes to really consider for your wedding day.
Image by Ed Godden
New Wedding Songs
- Adore You – Harry Styles
- Hold My Girl – George Ezra
- Lover – Taylor Swift
- Just You And I – Tom Walker
- Falling Like The Stars – James Arthur
- Me & You Together Song – The 1975
- Space – Biffy Clyro
- Next To You – Little Big Town
- Conversations In The Dark – John Legend
- You In My Life – Ed Patrick
Modern Wedding Songs
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Grow Old With Me – Tom Odell
- Wasn’t Expecting That – Jamie Lawson
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Little Things – One Direction
- A Sky Full Of Stars – Coldplay
- Hold My Hand – Jess Glynne
- Only Love – Ben Howard
- 5 Years Time – Noah and the Whale
Classic Wedding Songs
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- At Last – Etta James
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Can’t Hell Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
- L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole
- All Of Me – John Legend
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Marry Me – Train
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Stevie Wonder
Indie Wedding Songs
- First Day Of My Life – Bright Eyes
- Best Day Of My Life – American Authors
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- The One – Kodaline
- Flightless Bird, American Mouth – Iron & Wine
- Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
- Toothpaste Kisses – The Maccabees
- She’s Got You High – Mumm-ra
- When U Love Somebody – Fruit Bats
By the way can also follow us on our Spotify account and see all of our wedding songs playlists. All the wedding music inspiration, yay!
Why not check out these other wedding song playlists too?