Looking for the perfect idea for your seating plan? Well how about this stylish and chic chart created by calligrapher extraordinaire Claire Gould at Calligraphy for Weddings? Let me pass you over the Claire who will share just how to recreate this darling table plan…
This seating plan is quirky, beautiful and only takes a couple of hours to make at home. Its selling point is the gorgeous antique frame; by adding your own hand lettering you’ll give it a personal touch, and the flowers add romance and colour – simply perfect for a rustic, hand crafted wedding!
You will need:
Antique or character picture frame
Hot pressed watercolour paper, cut into strips with a torn edge
Calligraphy dip pen and Nikko G nib
Black calligraphy ink
Fresh or dried / silk flowers
Step by step tutorial
1. Rule faint lines in pencil on your watercolour cards and then write names in modern calligraphy using your dip pen and Nikko G nib.
2. Tie multiple lengths of metallic thread to each table card. Using 4 strands per card gives a striking effect – just make sure you won’t run out of threads!
3. Remove the backing board from your frame, and set the frame to one side. Plan the layout of your table cards within your frame by laying them out evenly on the backing board
4. Carefully attach the metallic threads to the reverse of the backing board with drawing pins. I found it helped to quickly attach with masking tape before pushing in a drawing pin
5. Tie double lengths of metallic thread around flower stems and attach to your backing board in the same way
6. Replace the backing board into the frame and you’re done!
How gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful tutorial with us Claire xo Lou
For its second year, The Handmade Fair is returning to Hampton Court Palace, on 18-20 September 2015. Kirstie Allsopp will be back to run the country’s most exciting craft event, which will be full to the brim with opportunities to buy, make, and learn from some of the finest crafters around.