Wedding calligrapher Claire Gould at Calligraphy for Weddings is back today to share a simple yet so very on trend place name DIY idea. These copper tags will look divine on your place settings…
Create super chic place setting tags with a metallic “dipped” effect and stylish calligraphy for an urban / rustic wedding reception or dinner party – your guests will love them!
You will need:
Hot pressed watercolour paper cut into tag shapes
Calligraphy dip pen and Nikko G nib
Black calligraphy ink
Tacky glue and a cheap brush
Step by step tutorial:
1. Write names onto your watercolour tags in calligraphy ink and leave to dry.
2. Mix tacky glue with a tiny bit of water and brush onto the bottom of your tags.
3. Within a couple of minutes, place the copper leaf on top of your glued areas. Copper leaf comes with thin paper sheets: lay one of these on top of your copper leaf and press down gently (so the copper sticks to your glue) and leave overnight to dry.
4. When dry, gently brush away the surplus copper leaf from around the edge of your tags.
5. Decorate with grass stems or herbs (rosemary looks fantastic!) for a complementary softer touch… and serve!
Just perfect, and easy enough to create in a large quantity too.
Thank you so much Claire xo Lou
Tutorial and image copyright Claire Gould at http://Calligraphy-for-Weddings.com
Claire will be exhibiting at The Handmade Fair this year…
For its second year, The Handmade Fair is returning to Hampton Court Palace, on 18-20 September 2015. Kirstie Allsopp will be back to run the country’s most exciting craft event, which will be full to the brim with opportunities to buy, make, and learn from some of the finest crafters around.