All images (c) Lou at Whimsical Wonderland Weddings
After a few requests via twitter about how to make tissue paper pom poms, here you have them :-)
Pom poms are a fun, inexpensive and easy way to decorate your wedding. I thought i’d put a little twist in there and give them a two tone/ombre effect too.
They are so so simple to make, so i am awaiting lots of twitter images being sent to me of your pom poms please :-)
what you need:
♥ 8 layers of tissue paper, in two colours for the ombre effect.
♥ Thread or wire
1. Layer up your tissue paper, for the ombre affect have 3 sheets of orange on top, then one sheet of peach, then one of orange and three of pink.
2. Now start folding the layers in about an inch at a time.
3. After the first fold, flip the paper over and fold the other way, creating a constantina effect.
4. Once you reach the end of the folding, fold the strip in half.
5. Then cut the ends into your desired shape, you could have a point or a curve.
6. On the fold, tie together using the wire or thread.
7. Once secure you can begin opening up your pom pom. Top tip: if you want to store your pom poms before the big day, dont open them up this until you get to your venue.
8. When opening up, try to pull the leaves out as far as you can at the top and bottom for a full round shape.
And there you have it, pretty ombre pom poms that are super quick and easy to make…..
Happy crafting guys XOXO Lou
Subscribe to Comments (RSS)