Firstly I’d like to say a big thank you to the fabulous Annabel from Love My Dress for featuring this tutorial last week :-) Following on from the Sping shoot and the other DIY tutorials, i bring you this little new sew garland DIY.
Using garlands to decorate your venue way is a sweet and easy way to add prettiness. For my garland I choose mismatched fabrics and yellow bakers twine, which creates super cute look. You can choose a certain colour scheme if you wish or a different shape fabric; the result will be great either way. It’s so easy to do, you’ll be making lots of them hehe! :-)
What you need:
♥ Assorted Fabric
♥ String or Twine
♥ PVA Glue
♥ Bowl of Water
♥ Cardboard Template
1. Pin your template to your fabric; for a symmetrical finish fold the fabric in half and cut.
2. Get your length of twine and hang it up, I did mine above the bath.
3. Mix a little PVA glue into your bowl of water.
4. Get a piece of fabric and dunk the whole of it in the glue/water mixture, squeezing out the excess.
5. Hang the fabric over the twine and fold in half.
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you have filled the twine with your flags. Ensure to space the fabric evenly.
7. Leave to dry and it’s all complete. If you wish tie a knot at each end for a neat loop or tie into the desired position.
Have fun and happy crafting, much love, Lou xoxo
Subscribe to Comments (RSS)